Patient Access Representative - MOB Front Desk - FT
Company: Memorial Regional Health
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Position Purpose: The Patient Access Representative is
responsible for registering patients in a timely, courteous and
efficient manner along with the collection of payments. The
incumbent obtains all necessary forms, consents and signatures as
required for business and billing purposes.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Position Specific Performance Expectations:
- Greeting patients in person and on the phone in a friendly and
- Obtain and verify patient information
- Answer and direct incoming calls.
- Accurately admits/registers patients for all services performed
- Time of service collections of co-pays and such as needed.
- Process all returned mail.
- Act as a liaison between patient, families, physicians and care
- Participates in interdepartmental process improvements and
process evaluation efforts.
- Acts as an internal consultant and educator to hospital staff
in area of expertise.
- Strive to ensure continual compliance with Patient Access
Department policies and procedures.
- Can identify and access system to report abuse to employees
- Establishes a good rapport and working relationship with other
- Coordinates insurance, preauthorization, benefits verification
and pre-registration activities.
- Prioritizes workload and completes assignments within allotted
time. Works as a team with co-workers.
- Assists in orientation of new employees.
- Proficient in the duties in both outpatient and Emergency
- Cross trains in other departments as needed.
- Educate patients for financial assistance.
- Completion of miscellaneous reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Organization Wide Performance Expectations:
- Demonstrates commitment to performing according to the CHOICE
values of MRH and representing the organization in a positive and
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Upholds regulatory requirements to ensure continual compliance
with departmental, hospital, state and federal regulations and
- Follows all policies and procedures to ensure a safe
environment for patients, public and staff.
- Completes annual education, training, in-service, and
licensure/certification requirements; attends departmental and
organizational staff meetings or reads meeting minutes.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Establishes and maintains effective verbal and written
communication and good working relationships with all patients,
staff and vendors.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of
productivity; self-motivated; manages activity and time.
- Actively participates in departmental and facility performance
improvement and continuous quality initiatives.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (21 for driving
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and breath alcohol test (if
- Must complete employee health meeting
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Unencumbered License/Certification (if applicable)
- Familiar with Medical Terminology helpful
- Past knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Bilingual preferred
Please note: All candidates for positions with MRH accepting
conditional offers of employment are required to provide evidence
of COVID-19 vaccinations and/or receive COVID-19 vaccinations as a
condition of their employment prior to commencing work with MRH,
unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Candidates accepting
conditional offers of employment not in compliance with this policy
shall have such offers rescinded by MRH immediately.
Position Classification: Non-exempt
Compensation Range: $18.60 to $26.04
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Keywords: Memorial Regional Health, Vernal , Patient Access Representative - MOB Front Desk - FT, Other , Craig, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...