Location: Green River
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- Provide application/control systems design and development for
systems of varied complexity to support capital plan and
- Modify program/system logic involving multiple systems and
- Analyze requirement, procedures and problems to identify the
system components and develop the design and functional
specifications for the automation systems.
- Compliance with process safety, ergonomics, MSHA, ISO, NEC,
NFPA, and applicable codes and regulatory agencies
- Technical resource in process control
- Manage departmental record keeping and databases.
- Assist project managers on instrumentation and controls
component of projects, in such as P&ID reviews, DCS
modifications and configuration. Assist DCS Supervisor on process
controls upgrade projects.
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs and enhance products via
- Assist in diagnosis, maintenance and back-ups of process
control systems, data acquisition systems and infrastructure.
- Design DCS interfaces and networks with 3rd party devices
- Troubleshoot system and operational problems along with
Operations and Instrumentation and Electrical personnel. Support
I&E personnel on other systems as needed by the plant (PLCs,
vibration monitoring systems, field instrumentation).
- Respond to call-ins related to control systems.
- Support I&E Techs on loop troubleshooting and
- Maintain fiber networks documentation.
- Basic support for the OSI Soft PI system General Minimum
- BS Degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent,
5 years of experience working in an industrial environment and 2
years working with electrical and instrumentation equipment. Or, 10
years relevant process control experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication,
problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage
conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing constructive relationships
with key stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills
with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels of
- Process improvement and small project management skills.
- Hands-on experience with maintenance of control systems
(distributed control systems and/or programmable logic
- Some chemical engineering experience (ex: mass balances,
natural gas fires, basic thermodynamics)
Keywords: CINER, Vernal , DCS Specialist, Other , Green River, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...