Operations Specialist, Level 1-4 (Altamont, UT)
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Operations Specialist, Level 1-4 (Altamont, UT) Job ID #: 26069
Location: UT-ALTAMONT Functional Area: Misc./Trades Position Type:
Full Time Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: High School Diploma RC/Department: 5842
-ALTAMONT FIELD OPERATIONS :KMPL Position Description Primary
Purpose:Responsible for the installation, operation, and
maintenance of natural gas pipelines, compression stations and
related field operations.Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, and
pipeline appurtenances, generators, air compressors, pumps, gas
compressors and engines (recip and turbine) as applicable.
- Responsible for the general upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance
of all company facilities and equipment including the pipeline
- Participate in planning for equipment shutdowns, maintenance
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by
third parties, including monitoring of 811 one-call tickets.
- Inspect work completed by company third party contractors and
- Conduct pigging activities when necessary.
- Perform governmental compliance activities including but not
limited to: line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections and
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance on compression
station engines and equipment.
- Determine root cause of mechanical issues and failures and
ensure completion of necessary repairs.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Start/stop operating equipment such as compressor engines and
pumps within defined operating parameters.
- Participate in the development of project scopes and work
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants,
public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings.
- Identify and report unsafe conditions and correct safety and
- Provide detailed information to assist with the creation,
planning, forecasting and managing of the operations budgets.
- Maintain records of company expenses to assist with cash flow
management, cost monitoring and control.
- Provide input for the development of O&M procedures,
project scope of work and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards,
procedures, regulatory, and company tariff requirements.
- Communicate work activities to appropriate parties.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of
employees, general public and company assets.
- Respond to call-outs and work overtime as necessary including
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Operate and maintain various equipment (such as UTV, ATV,
Forklift, skid steer, snow plow, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredExperience/specific
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Proficient in the use of various hand tools.
- Familiarity and experience of diagnosing mechanical
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, P&IDs and other
diagrams.Certifications, licenses, registration:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license that meets
company insurability requirements.
- Will be required to achieve and maintain operator
qualifications and may be required to obtain certifications as
required to perform specific job duties.Competencies, skills and
- Must have a strong focus on job to complete all assigned work
tasks in a safe and accident free manner.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various
operating systems, and ability to learn company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, decimals).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize, document and complete
work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to gain and maintain effective working relationships
with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.Physical
- Position requires standing, walking and sitting while working
either indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to consistently lift a minimum of 20 lbs., at time
in awkward positions.
- May have to lift (from floor to waist) and carry up to 50
- While performing the job you will be required to lift and
carry, pull or push, reach, squat, kneel, and/or climb ladders or
- Physical dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception, and
any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform
the job safely.
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use
requiring grasp and twisting motions.
- Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, to climb and
work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways.
- May periodically work in low-lit areas.
- Will periodically work in areas of high noise levels
- Will work in extreme temperatures including inside compressor
- Must follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) guidelines including wearing full FRC.Working
- Must be able to drive and work in all weather conditions
including extreme hot or cold.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel may be
- Must live within reasonable response time from the reporting
location (30 minutes from Altamont Station).
- May be required to carry a company-provided communication
device to respond both during working and non-working hours.
- This position involves a rotation of work schedule. Currently
the schedule is 8 days on, 6 days off, but can change based on
operational needs.Supervisory responsibility:
- None.Preferred education, experience, certifications,
competencies, skills and abilities:Above the minimum requirements;
not required, but advantageous in this position:
- Gas compressor stations and pipeline operations
- Experience troubleshooting equipment and determining process
- Maintenance tracking database activities.
- Safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and
high/low pressure systems.Kinder Morgan, Inc. offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package. Benefits offered for this position
may include the following: health care benefits including medical,
prescription drug, dental , and vision coverage; Flexible and
Health Spending Accounts; Life and Accidental Death and Disability
insurance; Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Disability
insurance for employee and dependents; retirement benefits
including a 401(k) with employer and employee contributions and a
company-funded pension plan; paid time off; paid holidays; a
flexible work schedule and many voluntary benefit plans.Kinder
Morgan provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
marital status, disability, genetic information, citizenship or
status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected
status.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Vernal , Operations Specialist, Level 1-4 (Altamont, UT), Other , Altamont, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!