Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Primary purpose:Implement the Company Damage Prevention Program
including performing and coordinating work group activities to
include patrolling, locating, construction inspection, and
excavation inspection of Company gas/liquids pipelines,
appurtenances, compressor stations, process plants and other
related facilities. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Locate and mark facilities per Company Damage Prevention
Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during encroachment
- Perform pipeline patrols, population density surveys, leak
detection surveys and inspections per Company procedures.
- Coordinate local/state Damage Prevention activities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and
compliance with Company procedures of excavation activities near
- Responsible for inspection of projects primarily relating to
excavation near pipeline facilities and repair of pipeline
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies
including: completion of required documentation, as-built drawings,
contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative
during construction activities, report progress to Operations and
Project Manager and ensure proper reporting and compliance with
Safety and Environmental policies.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowners/tenants,
public officials, emergency officials, general public and local
organizations (One-Call, Pipeline Associations, USFS, BLM,
- Train and oversee Company and third party personnel as required
(e.g. personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors,
- Perform governmental compliance activities (DOT-PHMSA, State
Agencies, BLM, EPA, USFS, etc.).
- Conduct area mapping, perform house count surveys (HCA's) and
annual class location surveys, record keeping and data entry duties
per Company policies.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site
Specific Procedures, project scopes, and work plans.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards,
procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward Operational Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements: Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalency required. Experience /
- Knowledge of pipeline equipment (Line Locators, RECON and GPS
equipment, P/S Voltmeters, Leak Detectors, Camera, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, P&IDs,
TOPO and pipeline maps.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquids and high and low pressure systems.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a
driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to possess a commercial driver's license, drive
a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle
- May be required to achieve and maintain operations
qualifications and certifications as required to perform specific
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Must have a strong focus on job safety to complete all assigned
work tasks in a safe and accident free manner.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating
systems, and have the ability to learn company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, decimals).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Work well with a team, take direction from supervisors, have
regular and predictable attendance and follow work rules.
- Ability to achieve and maintain all required operations
qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job
- Ability to learn and perform all work in compliance with
Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff
requirements. Physical demands:
- Position requires standing, walking and sitting while working
either indoors or outdoors.
- Must be able to consistently lift a minimum of 20 lbs. at time
in awkward positions.
- May have to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- May maneuver 100 lb. products with the assistance of safety
devices such as bottle or hand carts.
- While performing the job you will be required to lift and
carry, pull or push, reach, squat, kneel, and/or climb ladders or
- Physical dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception, and
any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform
the job safely.
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment, repetitive hand use
requiring grasp and twisting motions. Working conditions:
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- May periodically work in low-lit areas.
- Must be able to frequently enter confined spaces, to climb and
work from elevated platforms, ladders, and walkways.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel may be
required, including overnight travel.
- Must be willing to work after hours for emergencies and project
work when necessary.
- Must live within a reasonable response time to reporting
location as determined by local management.
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies during
and after regular business hours including after dark, which also
requires carrying a communication device.
- Must be able to perform pipeline aerial and ground patrols per
- Overtime may be required. Supervisory responsibility:
- None The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug
screen and background check, after an offer has been extended and
prior to being employed. Job level commensurate with experience and
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies,
skills, and abilities:Above the minimum requirements; not required
but advantageous in this position:
- Knowledge of compressor or pump station, process plant, gas
treatment, storage facilities, gathering and transmission pipeline
- Knowledge of operating costs and best practices associated with
the equipment in the area of responsibilities.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. This position may perform other duties as
assigned. Kinder Morgan, Inc. offers employees a comprehensive
benefits package. Benefits offered for this position may include
the following: health care benefits including medical, prescription
drug, dental , and vision coverage; Flexible and Health Spending
Accounts; Life and Accidental Death and Disability insurance;
Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Disability insurance for
employee and dependents; retirement benefits including a 401(k)
with employer and employee contributions and a company-funded
pension plan; paid time off; paid holidays; a flexible work
schedule and many voluntary benefit plans.
Kinder Morgan provides equal employment opportunity to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship or status as a protected veteran or any other legally
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Vernal , Line Patroller, Other , Altamont, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!