Director of Human Resources - Year Round - Full Time - Full Benefits
Company: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. - -is known as the
friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our
western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring
the best employees and providing an outstanding experience for our
staff and guests alike. Working at Steamboat Resort can be the most
rewarding seasonal experience or become a lifelong career. You will
also be a part of Steamboat's future as we move full steam ahead
with the resort's largest transformation and redevelopment in
history. Find out more about this exciting project at -. Fair
warning: Starting a job at Steamboat will lead to endless fun,
lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community. Who We're
Looking For: -Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski
resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the
world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and
committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are
looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities -and
care about each other, our mission, our environment and our
communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a
friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job
includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding
work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love
to hear from you! Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at
Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, legal plan, pet
insurance, Vacation and sick time, Paid Parental Leave, health
saving account with employer contribution as well as the perks and
benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a IKON
Base Pass ski pass for you and Alterra Mountain Company pass for
eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to
surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage
discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted
tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout
dates. Steamboat also offers a -401(k) plan with a generous company
match, (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and
a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp.
Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with
partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company
employees to further their education. Steamboat is rooted in a
genuine friendliness and an authentic western heritage. With over
2,100 team members during our winter season, we pride ourselves in
hiring outstanding employees and providing the best experience in
the industry. Resort operations include a guest-service focused
world-class skiing/riding experience, lodging, food & beverage
venues ranging from quick service to fine dining, retail/rental and
much more. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for
managing the day-to-day operations of the human resources function
including recruitment, hiring, onboarding, learning & development,
employee experience / relations, communications, payroll, benefits,
workplace investigations, workers' compensation, unemployment, and
off-boarding. When applying for this position, please include a
resume and cover letter. Detailed job description, including
responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used,
- This position reports to the Vice President of Human
- Create and promote recruitment and retention strategies with a
focus on attracting a variety of highly qualified applicants and
promoting the resort as a great place to work.
- Develop and oversee onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Works with Corporate and the resort leadership team on
implementing learning and development programs to meet the needs of
the organization and the employees.
- Lead efforts to support and enhance Steamboat Ski and Resort
Corporation (SSRC) service excellence culture based upon company
initiatives and strategic plans.
- Oversees employee experience function, including employee
engagement survey, employee recognition programs, employee events,
- Assist in creating and promoting strategies around diversity,
equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Provides employee relations guidance to managers and employees
by assisting with work related or performance management
- Coordinates with corporate human resources shared services on
HRIS, benefit programs, payroll, employee handbook, compliance &
reporting, and communications.
- Will conduct workplace investigations as they relate to sexual
harassment, discrimination, substance abuse, wage & hour, and other
sensitive claims or matters related to employment.
- Works with Security on the management of our workers'
- Manages unemployment by compiling responses and attends
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures, HR
related federal, state, and local legal requirements, advising
management on needed actions.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations,
industry trends, current practices, new developments, and
applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in
relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies
and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of
department and services performed.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with
management and the employees in order to be an effective listener
and problem solver of people issues.
- Ensure HR practices are fair and consistent across the
- Promote community and business partner relations, represent
company on local non-profits and government boards.
- Other duties as assigned Minimum skills, experience, education,
and ability for this job:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
and five (5) years Human Resources experience, or 9 years'
experience in the HR field, or any appropriate combination of
education and experience. -
- Specific coursework related to federal/state employment law
including EEO and wage and hour laws.
- Minimum three years' experience in human resource management
with emphasis in employment legal issues, wage and salary
administration, training, HRIS, unemployment insurance, or
- Must maintain professional appearance and image and demonstrate
strong interpersonal skills in a high volume work setting.
- Proficiency in a variety of software programs including
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality at all
- Ability to problem-solve in a highly effective manner and
maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including
management, subordinates and co-workers. -
- Ability to be a consistent role model for company's Service
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and
written, including public speaking skills
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and conflict
- Ability to perform effectively in team environment without
close supervision and manage multiple project/initiatives
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically with staff at all
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor, often in a hectic,
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer for extended lengths
- Must be able to write and speak clearly and professionally in
- Skiing/snowboarding at an intermediate level is a plus
- A valid driver's license and meet insurability standards is
required. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to operate computer keyboard for extended periods of
- Ability to ski/ride at a minimum intermediate level often in
extreme winter weather conditions strongly preferred Miscellaneous
Information: Resume and cover letter required. This position
requires self-motivation and someone that is highly detailed and
organized. There is a high level of interaction with other
departments and employees in order to provide information and
guidance. - The person in this position deals with employee
information that is often sensitive and/or private and must
maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism. -
- This is a salaried, exempt position and is not subject to
- Position is required to work weekends, and holidays, as
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check
- All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required
to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines The base salary
range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski &
Resort Corporation salary range for this position. Actual salaries
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort
Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many
region-specific benefits. Steamboat area base salary range: $95,000
- $105,000 per year Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an Equal
Keywords: Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, Vernal , Director of Human Resources - Year Round - Full Time - Full Benefits, Human Resources , Craig, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!