Full-Time Hospital Pharmacy Technician
Company: Cardinal Health
Location: Rock Springs
Posted on: September 13, 2023
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and
effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations
that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers,
ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and
cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized
pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient
care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated
healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare
team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital of
Sweetwater County . We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time
Pharmacy Technician to work a 40 hour a week schedule. The hours of
the facility are Monday through Friday 6:30AM to 8:30PM, Saturday
and Sunday 7:00AM to 5:00PM.
The Technician II, Health Systems Pharmacy provides assistance to
the Pharmacist in the daily operations of the pharmacy. Activities
include the preparation of and filling of prescriptions, taking
pharmacy inventory and processing product returns. The Technician
II, Health Systems Pharmacy ensures that all orders are reviewed by
a registered pharmacist and records all activity in compliance with
regulatory and company guidelines. This job frequently communicates
with customers to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment of
- Assists pharmacists in filling prescription orders as permitted
by State Boards of Pharmacy.
- Prepares medication for dispensing, packaging and
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies,
stocks shelves and removes out of date items from the
- Enters medical supply orders in pharmacy system.
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics,
care-givers, physicians) in an amicable and professional
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or
- Inputs patient data and prescription information into the
pharmacy information management system.
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by all applicable pharmacy
laws and regulations.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Wyoming State Pharmacy Technician/Technician-In-Training
License or willing to obtain
- National pharmacy technician certification if applicable
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Ability to work in a group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to
focus on tasks; Ability to evaluate operating conditions; Ability
to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart
phones and tablets
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is
required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without
a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values
diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the
power of our differences to create better solutions for our
customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each
day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status,
marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance,
genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or
Keywords: Cardinal Health, Vernal , Full-Time Hospital Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Rock Springs, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!